Why You Need to Laugh More (15 Facts About Laughing)
You know the quote, “Laughter is the best medicine.” And it is indeed true! Laughter has many beneficial qualities to our bodies and our wellbeing. Read on for 15 facts about laughing.
1. You are more likely to laugh around other people than when you are alone. This is not because things are funnier around other people, but rather because the presence of another person is a critical trigger for laughter.
2. Trying not to laugh makes people laugh even more.
3. Laughing raises your calorie expenditure by 10 – 20 percent.
4. Laughter reduces stress hormones.
5. The study of laughter is called, “gelotology.”
6. Real laughter cannot be faked. You can make it appear like you are laughing, but it is not real laughter.
7. Studies show that people who laugh are generally deemed more attractive.
8. Laughter releases endorphins and endorphins improve mood.
9. Little kids laugh anywhere from 3 to 5 times as much as adults.
10. The average person laughs 13 times per day.
11. “Laugh and the whole world laughs with you.” Laugher is contagious.
12. Women tend to laugh more than men.
13. Laughing upon arising in the morning has been shown to have similar effects to drinking coffee.
14. Laughing naturally creates connection with other people.
15. Laughing stimulates circulation.