26 Coconut Oil Hacks You Need to Know About
Coconut is the ultimate superfood! Containing healthy fat and tasting delicious, it has become quite popular, especially among the health-minded and biohacking communities. The paleo community is swearing by it.
If you are not familiar with coconut oil, it is worth trying it out. Most people fall in love with it.
Did you know that there are countless uses for coconut, coconut milk and coconut oil aside from just eating it? Coconut can be used in a plethora of ways and it is wise to have it on hand always.
Below are 26 coconut oil hacks you need to know about:
1. Use coconut oil as a homemade deodorant.
2. Use in oil pulling to clean the mouth.
3. You can cook with coconut oil. Just replace olive oil or vegetable oil with coconut oil. It is wonderful for frying eggs.
4. Coconut oil can help regulate insulin levels.
5. Coconut oil can aid in weight loss.
6. Use as a face mask for acne. It works because of it’s natural anti-bacterial properties.
7. Coconut oil is known to kill yeast and can be used topically for yeast infections.
8. Coconut oil is a natural SPF 4 sunscreen.
9. Apply to hemorrhoids for pain relief.
10. Use coconut oil las an all-natural skin lotion. It is especially great on feet. Just be careful not to slip!
11. Many people combine coconut oil with baking soda to make their own homemade toothpaste.
12. Use a dab of coconut oil as a makeup remover prior to washing your face.
13. As a cold-sore remedy.
14. Apply coconut oil to lips for an all-natural chapstick!
15. Coconut oil is known to help scraps and cuts heal more quickly.
16. It can be used as a lovely massage oil.
17. Coconut oil has been known to sooth eczema, psoriasis and other skin irritations.
18. Use fractionated coconut oil as a hair de-frizzer.
19. Likewise, use make your own hair masks and hair conditioners with coconut oil.
20. Due to the medium chain fatty acids, coconut oil boosts metabolism.
21. Use coconut oil as an all natural and soothing diaper ointment.
22. Mix coconut oil with essential oils and sea salt or epsom salt for a homemade body scrub.
23. Coconut oil is a great skin moisturizer.
24. Coconut provides healthy fat that gives you great energy. Add it to your food and drinks.
25. Combine with apple cider vinegar for an all-natural lice treatment.
26. Coconut oil is ideal for frying foods because of its high smoke point.